- Provides the framework for congregations to begin specific projects and activities that lead to recognition as a Green Sanctuary through candidacy and then accreditation.
- Invites congregations to embark on an exploration of what it means to live today within a religious community on an imperiled Earth.
- Is a way for all Unitarian Universalists to join our efforts, both symbolically and explicitly, in becoming stewards of the Earth.
A Green Sanctuary is a Congregation that…
- Has received official recognition for completing the Green Sanctuary Program.
- Lives out its commitment to the Earth by creating sustainable lifestyles for its members as individuals and as a faith community.
- Is committed towards creating a religious community that has a fundamental, bottom-line, commitment to living in harmony with the Earth.
This area of our ministry is alive and happening all the time… and environmental protection-respect is a theme that many folks today are seeking to integrate into their spiritual and religious journey.
We do this here!